Advantages and disadvantages of a child’s rest in a camp
Summer is the time of holidays and vacations. And every parent wants the child to spend this time with benefits for health and development. This of course does not mean that the holidays should turn into a continuation of education, but communication, new friends, knowledge and skills will not be superfluous.
That is why parents often have a question - where to send the child? One option is a summer camp. Whether it is worth to go there, what you need to know and what to be careful about, so that the rest is really interesting and pleasant, we will tell further.
What are they like?
For a start, a good idea to inquire about the types of camps. Therefore, we are pleased to introduce you to them:
- Schoolgirl One of the safest and proven options. And all because the child will be in a familiar environment, often even among his classmates and students from parallel classes, and one of the teachers will assume the role of counselor.
Usually classes last 4-5 hours a day, and include excursions, walks and periodic outdoor recreation.Of course, it will not be possible to change the situation and get a new experience in communication here, but it is quite possible to take the child for several hours. In addition, parents can be absolutely calm, because they personally know those with whom their child is.
- Wellness. Once they were the dream of all Soviet schoolchildren. Accommodation in comfortable buildings with small rooms in the mountains or by the sea, creative tasks, interesting games, trips, the first experience of independence. Today, there are all the conditions for a comfortable stay and an interesting pastime.
- Profile. In the process of growing up, the children have interests and hobbies, and if you want them to continue to develop and improve them, you can buy a ticket to a specialized camp. English camps in which children communicate with native speakers, sports, where training is conducted by experienced athletes, acting, in which real teachers and even actors come to classes. This is an opportunity to gain invaluable experience and a sea of positive impressions.
Choosing a camp, it is worth realistically assess the level of independence of the child, his capabilities and individual characteristics.From the trip is better to refrain in the case of children of preschool age. Though curious, they are very attached to home and family, so a trip can be a real stress.
From what age can you please the child rest without parents? Psychologists say that the optimum would be the mark of 7-8 years.
Pros and cons
If you still doubt whether it is worth deciding on such a step, giving the child more freedom, then it is worth weighing all the pros and cons. Let's start with the pros:
- New skills. You don’t have to be bored in the camp, it is painted every day. For those who are only looking for themselves, this will be a great chance to try their hand at new activities, and choose what they like. Thus, the rest makes sense, and is fundamentally different from the aimlessly spent time at the computer throughout the summer.
- Communication To meet, to find compromises, new friends by interests - this is one of the main advantages. A definite plus is also the fact that communication will not be limited solely to peers, which will provide an opportunity to improve their communication skills.
- Self-realization. Usually, a recreation program in a children's camp is structured in such a way that everyone will be involved in activities that are raging around.Children will gain skills in teamwork, mutual aid, as well as the opportunity to express themselves and their skills in a creative way.
- Independence. This point often frightens parents, because they worry about whether a child can cope with suddenly appeared freedom, and how to manage it. But fears are in vain. The time when the child is left to himself, in fact, is minimal.
In all other cases, the counselors and teachers are unobtrusive in ensuring that the adult child receives the maximum benefit from the time spent in the camp. And the main quality that it can receive and develop here is responsibility.
As for the cons, there are not many of them, but they are:
- Long adaptation. The new situation, an unfamiliar collective, separation from parents can have a different impact, and the period of adaptation is prolonged. In this case, an important role is played by teachers who can help enter the new team.
- Strict discipline. Usually, children see summer as a time that they can plan on their own, relaxing from the school routine. In the camp it will again be necessary to do everything according to the schedule, and this may cause a protest.But if the rest program is really full of interesting events, then the child will quickly agree to the proposed conditions.
To be sure that the child will be under the supervision of experienced teachers, it is worth it to make sure. Carefully read the reviews about the camp, ask about it with friends and acquaintances.
Before you buy a ticket, be sure to consult with your child, and provide an opportunity to choose a place of rest. This is especially important for teenagers. Together study the program, discuss all the conditions of stay without you and do not try to impose your point of view and choice.
A great option - rest with a friend or girlfriend. So it will be much easier for the child to adapt, and there will always be a person with whom you can instantly share your impressions.
Now you know how and what camp to choose. It remains for the small - to discuss their plans with the child and find a common solution that will appeal to both. Enjoy your holiday!
Choosing a bed
How to choose cheap and high-quality interior doors
Steps and steps to register a company trademark, unique brand or logo
25 short Sigmund Freud theses, which will tell a lot about ourselves
35 magical corners of our planet, which you will certainly want to visit