Burfi - the perfect dessert for vegetarians
If you like sweets, you probably will not mind trying something new. And if you, moreover, are a vegetarian, then you certainly should be responsible for the choice of delicacies. So, there is a sweetness that is allowed to vegetarians and at the same time is incredibly tasty. This is a burfi.
What it is?
Burfi is an Indian sweetness, which, in fact, is a milk fudge. This is a very simple delicacy, which consists of only a few ingredients, which, by the way, is unusual for Indian cuisine with its abundance of spices, spices, and various components. Classic burfi is made from milk, but you can also make burfi with nuts, various fruits or berries.
So, what ingredients are part of this delicious dessert?
- Milk is the most important and fundamental ingredient; it is the basis of the dessert. But often whole milk is replaced with dry milk, condensed milk, cream or even butter.And yet without dairy products to cook such a delicacy will not work anyway.
- Sugar. Without sugar, burfi will not be sweet, so this component can also be called main.
- Fillers. These can be nuts, fruits, berries, dried fruits, sesame seeds, seeds and much more. Improvise and consider your taste preferences to make the perfect dessert.
- Spices and spices. No Indian dish can do without them. For the preparation of burfi you can use vanilla, cinnamon, rose water, saffron, cardamom. But remember that you should use only one seasoning and in small amounts, otherwise you will get a too bright taste, and it should ideally be gentle and pleasant.
How to cook burfi? Such vegetarian sweets are prepared quite simply, but for quite some time. Here are the main steps:
- The first and longest stage is milk boiling. First you need to bring it to a boil, and then, when it starts to run off, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook until it starts to thicken. It can take from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours. By the way, to boil milk, it is better to choose a pot with a thick bottom, this will avoid burning.
- Then, when the milk has thickened, you can add sugar and fillers.
- After that, cool a little and spread out the forms. You can also form balls or other figures.
- Next, the dessert must be cooled in the refrigerator so that it is completely frozen.
We offer several burphy recipes:
This recipe can be called traditional. Here's what you need to prepare:
- 1 liter of whole milk (do not use skim milk);
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar;
- vanilla to taste;
- Pour the milk into a saucepan with a thick bottom and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to minimum and continue cooking the milk until it starts to thicken and acquire the consistency of condensed milk.
- Now add sugar and vanilla and continue cooking the milk until thick. As a result, you should have a rather thick mass that will lag behind the walls of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat, put the mass in a bowl or plate and cool slightly.
- The composition is divided into parts and either spread out in forms or form balls.
- Put the dessert in the fridge for a few hours.
- Classical burfs are ready, enjoy their taste!
Burfi with a banana is also very tasty.Ingredients you need:
- 200 ml of water;
- 200 grams of milk powder;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 400 grams of bananas (soft but not overripe);
- 100 grams of butter.
- Pour the water into the pot, put it on fire.
- Dissolve sugar in water, bring it to a boil.
- Peel bananas and either chop or chop into a blender and then put into a pan.
- Cook the banana mixture for about 40-50 minutes, and then gently and gradually enter the milk powder, constantly stirring the liquid with a spoon. Boil still 10 minutes.
- In a separate container, melt the butter, and then combine it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Spread the mass into the forms and send overnight in the refrigerator (or in the freezer for a few hours).
Make delicious burfi with strawberries from powdered milk. List of ingredients:
- 350 grams of milk powder;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 150 grams of butter;
- 300 grams of strawberries;
- 200 ml cream (the best use is 35%);
- 30 grams of vanillin.
- First melt the butter in a thick-bottomed saucepan. When it becomes liquid, add sugar.
- When the oil begins to boil, gently pour the cream into the pan.
- When the cream mass boils, reduce the heat.
- In the meantime, get some strawberries. If it is frozen, then just defrost it and cut it. A fresh strawberry is best chopped on a blender until puree.
- Add strawberries to the remaining ingredients. Wait for the liquid to boil. Boil everything for about 10 minutes.
- Now gradually begin to pour in a pan of milk powder, constantly stirring the mass.
- Boil the mixture until thick, and then turn off the fire.
- Slightly cool the mass, move it into a pan, covered with a film.
- Put the pan in the fridge.
- Remove the frozen mass and cut it into pieces.
Tasty and very nutritious nut burfi. Here is what you need to make them:
- 1 liter of milk (at least 3% fat);
- ½ cup of sugar;
- 100 grams of butter;
- 50 grams of almonds;
- 50 grams of peanuts;
- 50 grams of cashews.
- First, melt the butter in a saucepan and immediately pour in the milk. When the mixture comes to a boil, turn down the fire and continue to cook for about an hour still.
- While milk is boiling down, take care of the nuts. If necessary, peel them and then chop them.If you want to feel pieces of nuts in the dessert, then use a blender for grinding. If you want to add a delicate nutty flavor to the burfi, then chop the nuts with a coffee grinder.
- The milk-oil mixture should thicken and become similar to condensed milk. It's time to add nuts and sugar. Stir everything and cook for about 15 minutes, and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Cool the mass and put it in molds, and then put it in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight.
Enjoy a delicious, healthy and vegetarian burfi dessert and do not worry about your figure.
For lovers of herring - a real find: insanely tasty and original
Advantages and disadvantages of a permanent residence in Poland
The choice of a beauty blogger: expensive cosmetics, which is worth the money
The advantages of a warm water floor NESO
Prayer for the Nativity of Christ