Chufa - benefits and contraindications
Want to try something new and useful? Then find out what chufa is. This unusual name hides a very useful product that will help improve health and find beauty.
What is chufa?
Chufa represents tubers growing on the rhizomes of a plant belonging to the sedge family. This representative of the flora looks like dense bushes with long, thin leaves. Fruits grow on the processes of the roots, and several hundreds can be collected from one specimen. The homeland of the plant is considered the Mediterranean, and it is found in Italy, the northern parts of Africa, Spain, and South America.
Root crops in appearance and smell resemble nuts: they are small, oblong and colored brown. Due to its similarity with nuts, chufa has received the second name - earthen almonds, but it is also often called sytya. The peel after drying shrivels and wrinkles, and under it you can find light kernels. The collection is carried out after the end of the growing season, when the foliage will turn yellow and almost dry. The later the fruits are collected, the more valuable substances they will be.
Interesting fact! In ancient Egypt, chufe was known about 4 thousand years ago. In Russia, cultivation began in the eighteenth century, and the plant was called a winte. But then they forgot about culture, but remembered again relatively recently. Meanwhile, the plant is unpretentious, so that it is quite possible to grow in the country.
Why is chufa so useful?
The benefits of chufa are determined by the amazing composition of these root crops, which contain carbohydrates, fats, proteins, fiber, resins, zinc, iodine, sodium, selenium, potassium, copper, phosphorus, and also vitamins C, E, A, and group B.
The caloric content of one hundred grams of fruit is about 600 kilocalories.
Consider the useful properties that Chufa has:
- Chufa possesses pronounced antioxidant properties, due to which it suppresses the activity of free radicals that is harmful to the human body. This effect allows you to slow down the aging process, stop the oxidation of tissues, prevent cell mutation and the development of cancer.
- Root crops have anti-inflammatory properties, so it is useful to use them for diseases caused by inflammation.
- Regular use helps to strengthen the vascular walls, reducing their permeability. And this is a good prevention of atherosclerosis and varicose veins.
- Vitamin E helps to maintain youth, significantly improves the condition of the skin and provides them with moisture and nutrition. In addition, tocopherol has a beneficial effect on nails and hair.
- Vitamin A restores the structure of the dermis and mucous membranes, and also helps maintain visual acuity.
- Vitamins of group B take part in metabolic processes and provide normalization of metabolism, promote harmonious work of the nervous system.
- Fiber not only gives satiety and helps to control appetite, but also improves digestion, promotes the timely removal of toxins from the gastrointestinal tract, and also prevents constipation and relieves them.
- Phosphorus, which is present in chufe in significant quantities, activates the brain, accelerates thought processes, improves memory and intellectual abilities. These properties are important for people engaged in mental work.
- Carbohydrates are a source of energy, which is necessary not only for vivacity and daily activities, but also for the life support of all internal organs.
- Protein of plant origin is well absorbed by the body, and it is not only useful for the development of muscles, but also used by the body as a building element for the formation of new cells. In addition, proteins need immunity.
- It is worth noting the maintenance of normal glucose levels.
Who should not use the product?
Chufa is a useful product, but, like almost everyone else, it has contraindications. These include obesity and individual hypersensitivity. It is necessary to exercise caution in diseases of the liver and kidneys, as well as remember that chufa can provoke allergic reactions. For people who are watching or losing weight, it is recommended to eat the product in minimal quantities, as it is calorie and contains a lot of fat.
Use in cooking
How to use chufu? You can eat it fresh or dried: it will be enough to eat several nucleoli a day. You can add the product in salads and ready-made hot dishes.
Milk is very popular in Spain on the basis of Chufa - Orshada. To make it, you need to grind fruits freed from skins in a blender or grind in a coffee grinder to a powder. Then pour the resulting composition with boiled water (four parts of the liquid are taken for a part of chufa). Let the mixture stand for a day, then strain, squeezing the cake well. To taste, you can add vanilla, cinnamon, honey to the finished milk.
Chufa is actively used in traditional medicine. So, it is very useful oil obtained by the method of cold-pressed. You can take daily on an empty stomach on a tablespoon to improve memory, improve health, normalize digestion.
To strengthen the immune system and protect the vessels, prepare the decoction: pour three tablespoons of the crushed fruit with boiling water, and then mix the mixture over the slowest fire for ten minutes. Strain the mixture, cool and drink during the day, divided into equal parts.
In inflammatory diseases, it is useful to take an infusion. You need to pour two or three large spoons of 200 ml of boiling water, infuse the mixture for an hour under the lid, strain it and take a quarter of a glass after a meal.
Useful kernels can be used in cosmetology. Successful recipes:
- Add oil to day or night moisturizer, then apply the product to your face.
- You can just lubricate the skin with oil chufa.
- Crush fresh kernels and add them to any homemade masks. This component is well combined with other oils, avocados, dairy products, oatmeal. These tools can be used to rejuvenate, moisturize the skin, fight inflammation.
- The pulp obtained from the crushed fruit, diluted with milk or warm water, is worn on the scalp and distributed along the length of the hair, kept for an hour and washed off with warm water.
Try to grow useful chufu yourself or buy it to check on yourself an amazing action.
Top 10 best books to take with you
Infidelity and Forgiveness
Headbands made of ribbons Summer Morning
How to choose a sofa accordion
Tips for choosing the perfect shoes
How to find a balance between family and career Ask psychologists