Cinnamon for adults and children - the power of the sun and the concentrate of joy
The warm, peaceful aroma of cinnamon brought her to the leaders of the most beloved spices. It was also appreciated by representatives of ancient civilizations of China, India, Egypt, not only as a spice, but also as a powerful curative remedy. She even admired the mention in "Ayurveda", an Indian treatise on health.
Later, the bark of an evergreen tree Korchnik conquered Europe - first as an exotic spice. But already in the XVII century it is mentioned in medical books. Medicine, exploring the beneficial properties of this product, officially confirmed a number of healing effects on the body, proven by folk experience a few centuries ago.
Ceylon cinnamon has a beneficial effect on many organs and systems of the human body. Curative spice, cinnamon tree oil, its aroma has a therapeutic effect.Body SystemCinnamon actionTherapeutic effect
|A heart||Tones the heart muscle, increases the depth and number of heartbeats.||Strengthens the heart, reduces the risk of heart attack and the occurrence of heart complications of the flu.|
|Vessels||Liquefies blood, prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques.||Reduces the likelihood of stroke, thrombosis and the development of atherosclerosis.|
|Improves blood circulation.||Weakens headaches, migraines.|
|Digestive system||Stimulates the secretion of digestive juice.||It activates the work of the stomach, helps with gastritis with low acidity.|
|It has a choleretic effect.||It improves digestion, helps to remove stones from the gallbladder, and has a beneficial effect on the liver.|
|Respiratory system||Contributes to the discharge of sputum from the respiratory tract.||Eases breathing when coughing, including chronic, asthma, tuberculosis.|
|Eliminates inflammatory processes.||It contributes to the treatment of bronchitis and pneumonia.|
|ENT organs||It has antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral properties. It has antipyretic, diaphoretic, analgesic effect.||Helps in the treatment and alleviates symptoms of acute respiratory disease, acute respiratory viral infection, influenza, tonsillitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, migraine.Relieves swelling of the nasal mucosa, fever, headache.|
|Urinary System||It has a diuretic effect.||Cleans the kidneys of stones, contributing to the dissolution of large crystals, washing out small stones and sand. Eliminates swelling of the heart and kidney etymology.|
|The immune system||Saturates the body with vitamins A, E, B, PP, C, K, as well as potassium, sodium, zinc, phosphorus, copper, manganese and selenium, iron, calcium, magnesium.||Supports and restores immunity, helps to quickly cope with colds, viral diseases, flu.|
|Metabolism||Accelerates metabolic processes, lowers blood sugar levels.||Useful for diabetes, prevents weight gain.|
|Nervous system||Stimulates the production of CREB protein.||Enhances the cognitive resource of the brain, improves memory.|
|Suppresses the production of alpha 5 protein subunit of the GABA-A receptor.||Eliminates anxiety, anxiety, improves mood, contributes to the treatment of depression.|
|Skin covering||It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action, prevents infection and stimulates regenerative processes.||Relieves irritation, treats burns, frostbite, trophic ulcers, bedsores, purulent wounds, scabies.|
|Oral cavity||It has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.||Relieves toothache, heals gum disease, eliminates bad breath.|
- It has an antispasmodic effect, therefore it is recommended for painful menstruation. May reduce irritability in the premenstrual period, give vigor.
- Constant use stabilizes the menstrual cycle, strengthens the libido.
- With overweight. Accelerates metabolic processes, removes excess fluid, stimulates the gastrointestinal system. In the complex makes it productive and safe for weight loss. Able to reduce appetite if it is elevated due to stress.
- For care of appearance. Cinnamon oil is used in recipes to improve the condition of hair, face skin, in the fight against cellulite.
- From prostatitis. Antimicrobial properties eliminate pathogens causing diseases of the urinary and reproductive systems: urethritis, prostatitis, candidiasis. Stimulates blood circulation in the pelvic organs. Prophylactic use reduces the risk of inflammation of the prostate gland.
- Prevention of heart attack.One of the causes of frequent heart attacks after 40 years in men is excessive blood viscosity. Cinnamon thins it.
- Aphrodisiac. The aroma awakens sexual desire, increases the sensitivity of erogenous zones.
- With high mental stress. Improves cognitive functions, memory, concentration. This makes it useful for schoolchildren, especially during exam preparation.
- During the period of autumn and spring epidemics of influenza and ARVI. The ability of cinnamon to restore immunity increases the body's resistance to viral and bacterial infections.
Harm and contraindications
Cassia is a type of cinnamon that is really harmful, whereas Ceylon is contraindicated only in some cases. The difference in the concentration of the toxic substance coumarin, which is contained in both species. In Ceylon, it is 0.002% by weight, in Cassia - 0.2%. Coumarin has a negative effect on the liver.
The properties of Ceylon spice, which are useful in some diseases, may be harmful in others. Contraindications:
- With gastric ulcer, gastritis with high acidity - increases the secretion of gastric juice.
- People with a heart condition, suffering from hypertension - stimulates heartbeat and blood circulation.
- People with low blood clotting, when taking drugs that thin the blood - has the same property.
- Pregnant - stimulates the muscles of the uterus.
- People with individual intolerance.
- Children up to three years.
How and how much to take cinnamon
Eating cinnamon at home is limited to half a teaspoon per day. Usually all recipes suggest this particular volume. If a large dose is indicated, then one serving should be consumed within a few days.
The ability to accelerate metabolic processes make it an excellent fat burning agent. For best effect, you can combine with other products that are useful for the figure.
- Ginger. It has a stimulating effect on metabolic processes. A piece of ginger root peeled and crushed, add cinnamon powder, pour a liter of boiling water. Insist until cooling, closing the container with a solution with a lid and well wrapped. Drink filtered infusion before meals for ½ cup. Keep refrigerated.
- Kefir. Improves digestion, which is important in the fight against obesity, well satisfies hunger.A glass of low-fat kefir with cinnamon is an excellent dietary breakfast.
- Cottage cheese. Useful for slimming women, and spice, replacing sugar, will create a delicious dessert.
- . A tablespoon is mixed with cinnamon, pour ½ cup of hot, but not boiling water. Insist, wrapped in a towel, 40-60 minutes. Drink after eating 14 days, then take a break 12-14 days and repeat the cycle.
- Bay leaf. Useful for losing weight, because it cleanses the body of toxic substances, lowers cholesterol. Ground cinnamon and 4 bay leaves are filled with a liter of boiling water. Insist 2 hours. Take before breakfast to ½ cup. Store in the refrigerator.
In dietary nutrition
Cinnamon is sometimes perceived as a product harmful to a figure, since the main food association that occurs with it is buns and desserts. But do not think that her companions - only forbidden during a diet of sweetness. It fits perfectly with many dishes, even with meat.
The calorie content of the spice is quite high - 260 kcal per 100 grams, but since it can only eat 2 grams per day, the maximum that can be obtained is 5.2 kcal.
When the spice powder is added to the drink, not for medicinal purposes, but for culinary purposes, such volume is not needed. To give the aroma to a cup of coffee is also capable of a small amount of spice - on the tip of the knife.
With various diseases
Since medical prescriptions also presume ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, people who are both treated and lose weight should reduce the dose.
To improve the digestive system, prevent cardiovascular diseases, urogenital system, normalize the menstrual cycle, cinnamon should be used regularly, adding as a seasoning. The dose depends on the particular dish, but should not exceed the daily rate. Approximate calculation, which should be oriented, 1 teaspoon per kilogram of meat.
With colds and viral diseases:
- To stimulate immunity, treat the throat it is useful to drink tea with cinnamon (at the tip of the knife) and a slice of lemon with zest. You can increase the effect by adding ginger, raspberries, honey to the tea.
- When coughing, it is recommended to take seasoning with honey. For a liter of boiling water, take a teaspoon of cinnamon and honey, add a little ground black pepper. Drink in small doses (liter - for 2 days) at intervals of 4 hours. The second option is to mix directly with honey. Take 5 days.
- To facilitate coughing, inhalation with cinnamon essential oil can be done. It will take 2-3 drops per procedure.
- For the treatment of sore throat, pharyngitis, tonsillitis use spice for gargling. Take 1 teaspoon per 250 ml of warm water.
- When hypothermia for the prevention of colds take a 20-minute bath with a couple of spoons of cinnamon.
- When diabetes is added to tea or yogurt. When taken with a fermented milk product, wait 30 minutes, then drink.
- Depression is treated with a smell. Add 2-3 drops of cinnamon oil to the aroma lamp.
Pregnancy is not an absolute contraindication to taking cinnamon, but the danger arises with regular use or excess doses. Single, not systematic cases of adding a pinch of powder to a drink, using baking with spices can not harm the fetus. However, it is better to consult a doctor.
It is useful to use essential oil of spices for aromatization of a premise is improves mood, removes alarm, irritability, gives vivacity, reduces fatigue. But do not forget that pregnant women can have a negative reaction to almost any smell.
Folk recipes for the beauty of the body, skin and hair
The ability of cinnamon to increase blood circulation, is useful in improving skin, eliminating pallor, strengthening and preventing hair loss, preventing cellulite. Antiseptic properties of the product make it useful for the elimination of papillomas and warts, fungal lesions of the skin.
For the skin of the face
- Rejuvenation.The third part of the banana is mashed with half a spoonful of lemon juice, two tablespoons of sour cream, a teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply to the face, keep for a quarter of an hour, rinse with warm water.
- Improved skin color.In a spoonful of almond or peach oil add 2 drops of essential oil of spice. Stir, apply a thin layer on the skin. After waiting for a partial absorption of oil, remove excess cotton swab.
Scrub from cellulite. In 100 g of vegetable oil, add a teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir the mixture. Apply light, massaging movements on areas prone to cellulite. Massage for 20 minutes, then wash off the scrub with soap.
- Stimulation of growth, strengthening of hair.A tablespoon of cinnamon and egg yolk to add in a glass of yogurt,to stir thoroughly. Apply to clean hair, spreading over the scalp. After half an hour, wash off the mask, ideally - without shampoo.
- Elimination of brittle hair, giving shine.Three tablespoons of vegetable oil (preferably coconut, optimally burdock or castor, you can olive), a tablespoon of honey and cinnamon mix, apply to the entire length of the hair and scalp. Wash off after 30 minutes.
- For weakened hair.Dilute to the consistency of sour cream 4 teaspoons of blue clay, add the yolk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons of spice powder, a pinch of red ground pepper. The mixture is applied after washing the hair, wraps the head, aged for 15-30 minutes depending on the sensations. If there is burning and discomfort, wash off earlier.
Cinnamon in cooking
Cinnamon is actively used in all world cuisines. The popularity of the spicy spice is associated with a pronounced sweet aroma, which, depending on the conditions of growth, can have chocolate, honey, floral, even gumty notes.
Traditionally it is used in baking and confectionery products - classic buns of cinnabon, Christmas cookies, jelly, ice cream, jam, berry mousses.And also for the aromatization of coffee, tea, mulled wine, grog, cocoa, cocktails.
Spice is used as a seasoning for fish, meat, vegetable, mushroom dishes, soups, sausages, pates, porridges.
Excellent it combines with dairy and sour-milk products, a large number of fruits - with all citrus, apples, pears. Successful companions of cinnamon - ginger, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, coriander, rosemary, patchouli, thyme.
Antibacterial properties allow to use it as a preservative, add to perishable products, to prepare marinades, when preserving vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, meat.
There are 3 varieties of spice:
- Chinese(cassia, Indian or fake).
- Malabar(Indian cinnamon, Indian laurel, brown or wood cinnamon).
Cinnamon is considered a high-end spice, it has the finest taste and aroma. It has useful properties, which are appreciated in medicine, cooking, cosmetology.
Malabar cinnamon has a weak aroma and, unlike sweet Ceylon, has a bitter and sharp taste.
The taste and aroma of cassia are the sharpest. More often than not, it is sold in wide access, called "cinnamon".
Distinguish between cinnamon and cassia in appearance is very simple:
- The color of the Chinese spice sticks is dark brown, and Ceylon is light yellow.
- The stick of cinnamon is easy to break with hands, from this its edges look slightly "shabby." Cassia "grind in a mortar or a coffee grinder" is impossible, and the edge of the tube is even.
- The thickness of the layer in the two species is very different. In Ceylon, it is less than a millimeter, in cassia it is about 2 mm.
Places of cultivation
Ceylon spice is obtained from barkCinnamomum verum, one of the species of cinnamon tree belonging to the family of Laurels, whose homeland is Sri Lanka, India, China. This is an evergreen tree, reaching a height of 15 meters, but for the production of spices use the bark of young shoots of two-year-old trees. Cultivate culture in other countries - Indonesia, Brazil, Guinea, Cambodia, Jamaica, Madagascar, Martinique. But most of the supplies are provided by Sri Lanka.
For the production of cassia use another type of tree - Cinnamomum cassia, which grows in Southern China, Indochina, Sri Lanka, Sumatra, Java.
Essential oil of cinnamon is obtained from young shoots and leaves of Cinnamomum verum. The production requires a lot of raw materials - the proportion of oil is 1-1.5% of the weight of the processed mass.
He has a sweet-spicy, balsamic taste with a bitter taste. For medicinal purposes it is used for external purposes, inside, for aromatherapy.
The aroma of oil has a beneficial effect on the patient's psychoemotional state, pacifying, creating a sense of security, reducing anxiety. Enhances the effect of peppermint oil.
Harmoniously combined with the aromas of essential oils of ylang-ylang, juniper, fir, myrtle, lavender, sage, rose, rosemary, orange, grapefruit, mandarin, bergamot, tea tree, myrrh.
Opinion of doctors about cinnamon
Official medicine has already recognized a number of medicinal properties of cinnamon.
- At the American Heart Association conference on cardiac pathologies, experimental data were presented confirming that spice slows down the process of recruitment of fat mass, therefore, the risk of heart disease decreases.Thanks to cinnamon, you can lower the level of sugar and insulin in your blood. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties were confirmed.
- The results of experiments on rodents, conducted by scientists from the medical center of the University of Rush in Chicago in 2016, showed that the reception of spices improves memory, learning ability, prevents the development of Parkinson's disease.
- In a study conducted in 2014 by the University of Arizona, it was confirmed that cinnamon promotes the treatment of colon cancer due to the high content of cinnamaldehyde.
- Merkoll and Campbell, representatives of the American Diabetes Association, back in 2003, proved the ability of cinnamon to reduce the volume of sugar and cholesterol in the blood, prevent the formation of blood clots, increase the elasticity of blood vessels.
Perfect for its culinary qualities, spice is also a valuable nutritional supplement useful in the treatment and prevention of many diseases. However, like any strong remedy, it can do harm. One should remember about moderation in use and contraindications. It is important to take Ceylon cinnamon, and only natural cinnamon oil.Treating or caring for the appearance with this amazing remedy can bring pleasure.
When you need to visit trichologist
14 mini-bracelets that look great in pairs
How to help yourself if blown neck
James Bond planned to kill in the script of the new part
Avalanche of excitement and jackpots at Admiral Casino
How to choose the right curtains - tips and tricks
Candlestick made of salt