Gooseberry jam - recipes with oranges, lemon and currants, without cooking. How to cook emerald jam royally with walnuts and cherry leaf, a royal recipe
For winter, simple homemade gooseberry jam recipes are recommended to be made in the classical style, simply boiling the berries in sugar syrup. But if you want to surprise the household with something and impress the guests, you can consider more complex cooking options, for example, the royal method, which involves stuffing emerald fruit with walnuts and adding cherry leaves to the syrup base.No less successful are recipes in which gooseberries are combined with oranges, lemon, currant and other citrus fruits and garden berries. Thanks to these combinations, the jam acquires new bright flavors and turns into an exquisite and original sweet dessert.
How to cook black gooseberry jam for the winter - a simple five-minute recipe
The recipe of five-minute jams of black gooseberry is a great success with hostes at once for two reasons. First, it is very simple and allows you to cook a delicious dessert for the winter in a very short time. Secondly, berries, subject to such rapid heat treatment, retain the maximum amount of their useful qualities, but they have time to soak up sugar syrup and perfectly keep the shape even with very long storage.
The necessary ingredients for making for the winter five-minute jam with gooseberry
- gooseberry - 1.2 kg
- sugar - 1 kg
- water - 200 ml
Step-by-step instructions on how to make a five-minute snack of gooseberry berries for the winter
- Ripe gooseberries with a dense skin free from debris and stem, gently rinse under running water, trying very hard not to mash the berries. Then fold into a kitchen sieve and wait for excess moisture to drain.
- Dry berries should be sent to a deep enameled pan with a wide bottom, covered with half the volume of sugar and sent to the refrigerator for 5-6 hours so that the gooseberries select juice.
- At the end of time, determine the saucepan on the stove, pour in water, make a small fire and bring to a boil.
- When the mass begins to actively boil, pour in the remaining sugar, mix well and remove the formed foam.
- Once again bring to a boil, boil for 5 minutes, hot to pour on sterilized jars, roll up with metal covers, turn over, cover with a thick bath towel and cool to room temperature. For winter storage, take it to a cool, dry place, protected from direct sunlight.
Five-minute jam of gooseberry and currant through the meat grinder - a step by step recipe with photos
The recipe for jam-five minutes is one of the easiest and most convenient ways of preparing fruit home preservation for the winter. Even the preparation of components does not take much time. All berries are simply washed in running water, and then passed through a meat grinder, thus creating a thick, homogeneous mass.Then add sugar to it, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. During this time, the sugar granules have time to completely dissolve, and the berries practically do not lose their beneficial properties and bright flavors.
Essential ingredients for gooseberry and currant jam
- gooseberry - 1 kg
- red currant - ½ kg
- black currant - ½ kg
- granulated sugar - 2 kg
Step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the currant jam and gooseberry jam for the winter using a meat grinder
- Remove berries from debris, twigs and peduncles, remove spoiled fruits, and wash them whole and tidy and fold them into a kitchen sieve so that excess moisture can leave as soon as possible.
- In the meat grinder, set the middle grate and twist the berries through it twice so that the mass acquires a densely fluid consistency.
- Place the fruit base in a deep enameled pan, add sugar, mix well and put on the stove.
- Heat the jam on a small fire, stirring regularly. When the mass boils, boil for 5 minutes, remove the foam, quickly packaged in sterilized jars, roll up the lids, turn, cover with a warm cloth and cool naturally.Then carry in a cool place, protected from direct sunlight.
How to make jam from a whole gooseberry for the winter - a recipe with photos step by step
In the recipe for making winter jam from a whole gooseberry is nothing complicated. The whole process is reduced to triple boiling the berries in sugar syrup and the subsequent rolling of the finished delicacy under the metal lids. True, in order for the gooseberry to quickly be soaked with sweetness and spicy nuances, each berry will have to be carefully chopped in several places and only then be sent to the syrup. This is the most time-consuming moment, but it cannot be missed at all, otherwise the fruit will be more acidic and you will not feel notes of fragrant spices in their pulp.
Essential ingredients for homemade whole gooseberry jam
- gooseberry - 2 kg
- sugar - 2 kg
- water 300 ml
- Carnation - 4 buds
- vanilla - 3 g
- fennel - ½ tsp
Step-by-step instructions on how to make whole gooseberry jam for the winter at home
- Pour water into an enameled pan of suitable size, pour in sugar, add spices, put on the stove and bring to a boil over medium heat.Boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring all the time, so that the sugar crystals are completely dissolved in the liquid.
- Gooseberry bust, remove debris, twigs and stems. Ripe dense berries without damage, wash well in running water, dry and gently pierce in 1-2 places with a sharp bamboo stick or toothpick.
- Place the processed fruit in boiling syrup, reduce heat to low and boil for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally, but very delicately, without damaging the integrity of the berries.
- Then cool the jam to room temperature and repeat the procedure for boiling and cooling twice more.
- For the third time, boil the syrup with the berries, pour them hot in the sterilized jars, tightly cork and cool, turning the jars beforehand and wrapping them in something warm. Store the workpiece in a cool, dry place.
Royal gooseberry jam recipes with walnuts
Gooseberry jam made according to this recipe is rightly called royal. Its exquisite taste, beautiful emerald color and breathtaking aroma do not leave indifferent even the most picky gourmets who are skeptical about homemade sweet rolls.True, the process of making an unusual delicacy is laborious and requires a large amount of free time. But the effort justifies itself 100%. The finished dessert turns out very original and is eaten almost instantly.
The healing properties of the orchis for the human body
The history of the New Year in Russia and in Russia
Raklet - cheese for real gourmets
How to behave if your female boss
What to give a girl for the holiday