Homemade ham from chicken
Servings: 4. Cooking time: 6 hours 20 minutes.
Homemade chicken ham can not be compared in taste with ham, bought in the store. It is cooked at home with aromatic spices, mushrooms, dried fruits, vegetables, nuts and green sauces of garlic, basil, parsley, spinach or dill. There are many ways to cook ham, but the simplest is to boil it in water in a saucepan. Amazingly fragrant, beautiful and juicy it turns out ham from chicken breast with garlic, parsley and vegetable oil sauce. We prepare it in the form of a roll, wrap it in foil, a plastic bag and cook it in a saucepan.
- chicken breast (fillet) - 1 half (large);
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- parsley - 5 sprigs;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- ground pepper;
Making ham from a chicken breast
1. Wash and wipe a large, skinless chicken breast with paper towels. One big breast can be replaced by 2 small ones.We lay up the side on which the skin was.
2. With a sharp long knife we cut the fillet from the bottom, do not cut it to the end and open it like a book. We get one meaty part and one part of medium thickness.
3. We divide the fleshy part in the direction from right to left with a knife in half (we do not cut it to the end) and unfold it. It should be equal in thickness. If there are thick parts, then we make cuts on them in different directions with a knife.
4. Sprinkle the prepared layer of meat with salt, ground pepper and spread on the foil.
5. Parsley finely chop the leaves, chop the garlic cloves through a press and send everything in a mortar.
6. Pour in oil and mix well with pestle. Parsley should highlight the juice and get a green mass.
7. Prepared fragrant mixture evenly distributed on chicken meat. Retreat a little from the edges.
8. We turn the workpiece into a roll.
9. Place a piece of foil with a roll closer to you and wrap it tightly. We twist the ends of the foil on 2 sides so that the mass inside becomes denser and there are no empty spaces left. Get a loaf.
10. Wrap the meat loaf in a plastic bag (you can replace it with a food film).
11. In order for the ham to retain its shape, we tie it with cooking twine or thick threads. We send to the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, the meat should be soaked with juices of garlic and parsley.
12. In a saucepan, bring a large amount of water to a boil, send pickled roll into it and cover with a plate smaller than the diameter of the saucepan. Cook at a very low temperature (water should not boil) for 30 minutes. Then leave on the table until the liquid is completely cooled.We put the ham in the fridge and leave it for at least 3 hours.
13. We release the most delicious, fragrant ham from the breast from threads, foil and bag.
14. Cut into small pieces, lay out on a plate with green leaves of lettuce and serve as an appetizer, for breakfast with bread or prepare sandwiches, sandwiches with vegetables and various sauces. Store in refrigerators for a maximum of 3 days.
- With this recipe, you can make ham with roasted vegetables (sweet peppers, onions , carrots, leeks, celery), prunes, dried apricots, walnuts or olives.
- Fresh parsley in sauce can be replaced with basil or dill.
- The foil and plastic bag will be replaced by ordinary food film or baking bag. Wrap the roll in 4 layers and fix it with a string.
Deciphering tests pregnantCast Iron Floor Gas BoilersJared Leto will play Playboy magazine founder Hugh HefnerWhere does the real Santa Claus liveDelicious and tender pumpkin pudding