How do childbirth begin?
In obstetrics, pregnancy is considered full-term if it lasts 38 weeks. However, depending on the individual characteristics of the organism, this period may be reduced or increased. In order not to take childbirth by surprise, every pregnant woman needs to know how her labor begins.
Harbingers of childbirth
If you recognize the symptoms of childbirth in time, you can go to the hospital in advance. These symptoms are the first "bells" that can last several weeks. They are not a reason to go to the hospital, but they are already warning the woman that it is time to prepare for childbirth.
- So, in the last 3-4 weeks before childbirth, women often have periodic nagging pain in the lower abdomen and lower back. They can lead to pinching of the nerve, which often results in immobilization of one leg. But you should not be afraid, because after birth it will pass.
- Often, women in the “interesting position” in the last weeks feel a bursting, tingling and pain in the pubic area. It is possible to alleviate such a state with the help of a bandage. In addition, shows frequent rest in the prone position.
- Approximately 20 days before giving birth, a woman's belly drops. It may even seem that he has become smaller. Future mommy becomes easier to breathe and eat.
- During this period, false contractions may begin, which last from 7 minutes to 3 hours. However, unlike the true ones, they are asymmetrical. To cope with false fights, you need to take a warm bath, but for no more than an hour.
- A few weeks before giving birth, a woman's appetite decreases, and 3-4 days before them he disappears altogether. As a result, a woman can lose 2 kg in a week, but more often the weight remains unchanged.
How to understand that childbirth has already begun?
First of all, you should pay attention to vaginal discharge. 1-3 days before delivery, and in some cases even a few hours, brown mucus can begin to stand out from the genitals. Often she goes cotton, like a "cork". This is a clear sign of the onset of labor. After that, women should have regular contractions, which will go with a steady rhythm. You should not try to neutralize them, as this is impossible. It is important to remember that these contractions are accompanied by brown vaginal discharge.
You should know that on the eve of the birth intestinal emptying occurs. The future mommy can go to the toilet several times, the chair will go out in greater volume. Just before the onset of labor may appear:
- stomach upset,
- complete loss of appetite.
This should not be afraid, since this condition is due to the action of hormones that stimulate the labor activity. Some women feel the urge to go to the toilet, which eventually turns out to be empty. All of the above symptoms can manifest as all at once, and separately.
Often, childbirth begins with the appearance of dull pains in the lower abdomen and in the lower back, and in some cases, shingles are noted. They can be both periodic in nature and continue without stopping.
Quite often the precursor of childbirth is chills. A woman will feel cold, while warm clothes will not help her much. Before you go to the hospital, you need to pay attention to the regularity of contractions. If they appear every 5 minutes and last 45 seconds, then it's time to call your gynecologist.You should not wait any longer, as water will soon have to flow away, which is a sure sign that the baby will be born soon. If the water is already gone, it is urgent to call an ambulance and go to the hospital.
In some cases it is best to go to the hospital a few days before the birth, then you can avoid stressful situations. It is important to pay attention to the precursors of childbirth, to consult with an obstetrician-gynecologist, who should make a decision about premature hospitalization. This is especially important if the pregnancy does not go completely smoothly - so it will be possible to avoid complications.
The secrets of creating beads from fabric do it yourself
Decoration of the mirror from the box
Fur coats from Mouton, Winter 2015 2016: how to choose a fashionable muton fur coat
How to learn to read several books a week
Cheese Sandwich with Ladybug
Lion drawing for kids
How to treat fibroadenoma in 2018