How is hair removal with the help of a thread?
There are many methods for removing unwanted hair, and one of them is hair removal epilation. And how correctly to conduct it? Let's find out!
What it is?
Epilation with a thread, also called "triding", is the removal of unwanted hair using the most common thread. Typically, this method is chosen for the treatment of small areas of the face with rather thin hairs, such as eyebrows and the space between them above the nose bridge, cheekbones, forehead, as well as the chin and the area above the upper lip.
But some thread epilation of the legs. This method has appeared for a long time, it was actively used by Oriental women, but today it is popular in many other countries.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of epilation thread:
- No additional devices are required, so the method can be called one of the most inexpensive.
- This method is quite safe, since you do not need to contact the skin and use chemicals.
- Quite a lasting effect.Hairs break out together with the roots, so that one session can last about one and a half to three weeks (everything will depend on the characteristics of the body).
- The procedure is fast, since the thread grabs several hairs at once and simultaneously removes them.
- This method is ideal for the correction of eyebrows, as it allows you to create clear lines and soft curves. As a result, eyebrows will be neat and attractive.
- The minimum number of contraindications. These include dermatological diseases with localization in the treatment area, injuries and infectious lesions of the skin, as well as various formations on the site (papillomas, moles) that are not recommended to be injured.
- The method can be called clean, since it is not necessary to apply anything to the skin, and the removed hairs do not scatter to the sides, so they can easily be thrown out.
- This method is suitable for almost any hair.
- This procedure can be carried out at home.
The disadvantages of such hair removal:
- If the skin is very sensitive, then this method will not work, as there may be redness, swelling.
- Some procedures may seem rather painful.
- Requires certain skills. From the first time to remove hairs quickly and correctly may not work, so it is desirable to practice.
- Processing large areas will be time consuming and quite long.
- To remove coarse hairs in this way is problematic and painful.
- Short hairs may not be completely caught by the thread, which will complicate their removal. The optimal length is 4-7 millimeters.
- There is a risk of ingrown hairs.
- When awkward movements increase the risk of damage to the skin.
- In beauty salons, this method is not yet common, although it is becoming more and more popular.
Preparation for the procedure
To make hair removal at home successful and painless, prepare for it:
- First you need to remove all dirt from the skin. Use for this the usual lotion for washing or soap.
- To expand the pores, you can steam the treatment area. To do this, hold the body part over the hot steam, wash it with hot water, or apply a hot towel for a while.
- Next, carry out disinfection by treating the area with an antiseptic, for example, "Miramistin" or chlorhexidine.
- Dry your skin well, it should not be wet.
What is required?
For the procedure will only need a mirror, thread, dexterity of your hands and a little patience.
How to carry out the procedure?
How to make hair removal thread? The procedure consists of several basic steps:
- Take a strong, but rather thin thread about 40-50 centimeters long. Tie its ends.
- Now twist the resulting ring several times to make two loops, and in the middle there is a flagellum (twisting section).
- Put the loops on the thumb and forefinger of each hand. Try simultaneously to bring the fingers of one hand and pry off the fingers of the other, so that the loops change size and the twisting section moves from one side to the other.
- Now lean the design against the treatment site so that the large loop is located above the excess hairs, right at the roots (against the growth line).
- Next, quickly move the fingers located in the larger loop, and move those that are located in the smaller loop. The flagellum will move, the hairs will fall into it, twist on a thread and quickly disappear.
- In the same way, remove the rest of the hairs, twisting them on a thread by moving the flagellum.
- After the procedure, treat the skin with an antiseptic again to minimize the chance of infection through microdamages.
A few recommendations that will help make hair removal more pleasant and quick:
- If you do not understand how to perform the procedure, then carefully consider the explanatory pictures, photos or scheme. And best of all to see a detailed training video with a description.
- To master the method, it is worth practicing in a wide and invisible zone, for example, on the leg.
- If you are worried about possible pain, use a local anesthetic. Such funds are sold in pharmacies and are available in the form of gels, creams and sprays.
- Use a strong and well-sliding thread, for example, silk. Thin can tear, and fleecy and uneven it will be difficult to move.
- Use a large and comfortable mirror. If you do not see well, choose an accessory with a zoom function.
- Perform the procedure in the daytime by the window or with sufficient artificial light.
Master this simple and interesting method and use it to remove unwanted hair!
Homemade Chicken Ham
How to learn to dance in the club - tips and video tutorials
Quiz: What is your level of erudition
Cheap pharmacy tools for your beauty
Chicken breast chop in batter
Basic rules for tempering chocolate
Stylish interior decor