How to bake game in the oven with potatoes
Game dishes are rare guests on our table. More often they can be found in the menu of themed restaurants and cafes. But if you have a husband-getter, then several recipes for cooking hunting trophies at home should be in your arsenal.
Nutritionists consider the game valuable and healthy. Meat of wild animals does not contain antibiotics, growth hormones and other "useful" chemistry, which are fed animals at industrial breeding.
How to bake a rabbit or a hare with potatoes
Zaychatina on dietary properties is the first step of the pedestal among the rest of the game. Protein is absorbed by the body by 90%, in beef - only by 63%. Cooking is as easy as chicken, beef, or pork. The main difference is soaking before cooking. For the holiday table, you can soak it in white or dry red wine with spices and spices.
- Hare - 1 bird;
- Mayonnaise - 100 g;
- Potatoes - 6-7 tubers;
- Carrots - 1 pc .;
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- Eggs - 2 pcs .;
- Oil - arbitrary (for lubrication);
- Spices with salt - to taste.
- Chop the prepared carcass into small pieces.
- Prepare a mixture of garlic, crushed by a press, spices, salt, pour it with oil, mix well.
- Each slice of hare will be smeared with the mixture, let stand in marinade for one and a half or two hours. 15 minutes before the end of the process, grease the meat from all sides with mayonnaise.
- Grate large carrots, chop small onions into rings, large ones into half rings, cut potatoes into thin circles, you can in small pieces (as you like).
- The remaining mayonnaise should be stirred with a fork with salted eggs in a homogeneous mass.
- Prepare a deep form or baking tray with sides, brush with oil, spread out the pieces of meat, alternating potatoes, onions, carrots.
- Pour mixture of mayonnaise and eggs evenly, place in an oven heated to 160 degrees, cook for about 2 hours. Serve hot.
The best pheasant recipe
Do not think that cooking meat pheasant is very difficult. The easiest way is to bake with mushrooms and potatoes. Guests will be delighted!
- Pheasant - 1 carcass;
- Potatoes - 6-7 medium tubers;
- Butter - ½ packs;
- Mushrooms (white or champignons) - 300 g;
- Mayonnaise is a small packet;
- Onions - 1 medium head;
- Carrots - 1 pc .;
- Greens - a bunch;
- Broth - 300 ml;
- Sour cream - 3 tbsp. l .;
- Oil - for frying;
- Pepper - to taste;
- Bay leaf - 2-3 pcs.
- Cut the carcass into pieces, pour salted mayonnaise with pepper, let stand 3-4 hours, fry in hot oil.
- Potato tubers cleaned, cut into large pieces, quickly fry until brownish crust.
- Wash, dry, cut mushrooms into slices, fry.
- Onion chop rings, chop carrots.
- Put meat in shape, cover with a layer of onions and carrots, then lay a layer of mushrooms and potatoes, put a few bay leaves on top.
- Dissolve the butter in the pan, stir the salted flour in it, add the sour cream, fry all 5 minutes, pour the broth (you can water), stir, let boil, boil a couple of minutes. The resulting sauce pour meat with potatoes and mushrooms.
- Place the form in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
How to cook duck with potatoes in the oven
A wild duck can be cooked in exactly the same way as its tribeswomen: fry, cook soup, stew, bake, stuff. One minus - she does not "love" bay leaf and various spicy herbs. It is better to dwell only on salt and pepper, and then cook to taste: with cabbage, potatoes or other vegetables. Most often it is baked - it's fast, simple and tasty. The simplest recipe is given below.
- Duck (wild) - 1 bird;
- Potatoes - 4 tubers (medium size);
- Onions - 2 heads;
- Olive oil - 5 tbsp. l .;
- Black pepper - 0.5 tsp;
- Red pepper - 0.5 tsp;
- Salt - to taste.
- Make a mixture of red and black pepper, add salt. Prepared carcass from all sides (inside too) to rub the resulting mixture. Give the meat to eat about half an hour. Turn on to warm up to 220 degrees oven.
- Pour oil into a large cast-iron skillet, put the game (the belly can be filled with apple if desired), put into a preheated oven, hold for 25 minutes. Cut the onions into quarters, potatoes - into slices.
- Reduce the temperature to 180 degrees, place vegetables in the pan, bake for a third of an hour.Carefully pull out the frying pan, pour the duck with the juice that has separated from the frying.
- Return the duck to the oven, and after 20 minutes, check the readiness of the meat with a knife: if the juice comes out without color, then the game is ready. Until ready to hold in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Put the carcass on a large platter, spread out potatoes and apples around it, pour the juice from the pan. Serve can be whole or cut into pieces.
Delicious turkey recipe
Attractive simple recipe for cooking turkey at home. Another advantage of it - does not require constant presence in the kitchen. The dish turns out excellent, regardless of the culinary experience of the hostess.
- Turkey - 0.5 kg;
- Bulbs - 2 pieces;
- Potatoes - 1.5 kg;
- Hard cheese - 100 g;
- Oil - for frying;
- Mayonnaise - 100 g;
- Salt, pepper, seasoning for potatoes - to taste.
- Finished fillet cut into pieces. Heat the butter in the pan, lay the turkey. Cook over medium heat.
- Finely chop the onion, pour into a frying pan, stir in the oil. Add half a glass of water, stew, quarter of an hour, covered with a lid. Then, season with spices, stir, cook another 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes a little less than 0.5 cm thick. Oil a baking sheet with high sides or cover with foil. Put a couple of layers of potatoes, sprinkle each with seasoning or salt. Place roasted turkey with stewed onions on top and cover with the remaining potatoes.
- Mix mayonnaise with salted water, pepper, add seasoning for potatoes, mix well.
- The resulting "sauce" pour evenly tubers, place in a preheated 200 degree oven for about 40 minutes.
- Carefully push the baking sheet, sprinkle with cheese chips, return to the oven for 5 minutes. After taking, let cool and serve.
- To eliminate the peculiar smell of a waterfowl, game for 10 minutes is placed in boiling water. Then the carcass is well washed, the glands on the tailbone are removed and prepared according to the selected recipe.
- The smell will go away if you use tomato paste or fresh tomatoes, while cutting off the skin and removing the fat. It is not recommended to cook just caught game — it should be gutted and allowed to “ripen” in the refrigerator for a couple of days, then the sharp smell will disappear.
- If the game is in its original form, that is,in feathers, to facilitate plucking, dip the carcass into boiling water. Then, after removing all feathers, scorch over the gas.
- The final touch to any game dish is wild berry sauces: lingonberries, cranberries with added herbs and juniper.
Now you will not get lost when a man, obeying the primitive instinct of a hunter, will bring and place his trophies as a token of appreciation at the feet of the beloved lady. Cook and enjoy the unique taste and flavor of the game!
Preparations for the winter, or learn to preserve at home
How to stop worrying about trifles: 6 simple tips
How to quickly clean the old samovar
How to enter Skype