How to choose a dress in kimono style?
A woman in a kimono, or at least in a dress that resembles him in style, always looks very gentle, mysterious and subtle, like a flower or a sprig of blossoming sakura. The magic of the East has always amazed, beckoned and astonished the inhabitants of other corners of the planet, it concerned every aspect of life, and fashion was no exception.
According to history, traditional Japanese kimono appeared even before the advent of our era, about 5,000 years ago! This traditional dress of the women of the rising sun did not go beyond its borders for a long time, and when it appeared in Europe, the kimono quickly became popular and in demand, each girl dreamed of feeling like a seductive temptress, a geisha.
Today, as well as many centuries ago, traditional Japanese kimono is a very expensive thing, which is decorated with gilded painting and embroidery, and it is necessarily made from the highest quality and excellent silk.
This is partly why kimono, even within Japan itself, is rarely used today, usually for official or thematic events.However, based on traditional Japanese clothes today, many women's clothes are being created, including everyday or even holiday dresses, robes and even coats.
Dresses in the style of kimono - this is an excellent option for all those who would like to try all the dignity of eastern clothing, and, believe me, a lot of them.
Such clothes became more affordable, and therefore borrowed only some of the main features of the national Japanese costume, including:
- Loose, one-piece sleeves, the length of which can vary from the maximum, as it should be in a traditional kimono, to a shortened one. They perfectly demonstrate the bend and grace of the female handle.
- As for the colors, it is here that the variety of options knows no boundaries. All oriental and, moreover, the more Japanese, bright and colorful, they rarely find a modest combination of two colors, usually three, four, or even all ten! However, they do not look vulgar or too catchy, they are always elegant and very harmonious compositions. Commonly used colors are red, black, gold, white, green and blue.Such a variety of shades allows you to choose models for each type of appearance, and therefore a kimono-style dress is almost always in a trend.
- In dresses of this style, as a rule, there are no buttons, everything is designed to support a wide belt. However, in some traditional models, they may still be present, but at the same time playing a purely decorative role.
- In traditional models, kimonos are devoid of any draperies, only embroidery or color printing on silk is used to decorate. Modern dresses-kimonos can be supplemented with various design solutions, for example, pockets or unusual cuts.
- Like many centuries ago, when creating dresses in the style of kimono, extremely light, airy and flowing fabrics are used, for example, silk, knitwear, viscose, chiffon, linen or cotton.
Who will do?
Without a doubt, it can be argued that such models will suit any girl or woman, they look great on any type of figure: skinny girls acquire the right volumes, and full ladies, on the contrary, dress in the light folds of their dresses to hide their shortcomings.
Shortened and brighter models, to a greater extent, fit young and skinny young ladies.Older women or voluminous forms may prefer traditional elongated styles of reserved colors, for example, black or dark blue kimono, the decor of which begins only below the waist.
The wide sleeves of such dresses are another positive moment for ladies who would like to hide the protruding "ears" on their hands. The traditional wide belt harmoniously emphasizes the waist, making it more delicate and elegant. The dress-kimono is always convenient and comfortable, and, depending on the choice of fabric and design, it can take on both everyday and festive shape.
It should not be forgotten that it clearly emphasizes the two main points of the figure - the chest and shoulders, and therefore the figures of the triangle type (broad shoulders, voluminous chest and narrow pelvis) or the "apple" (about the same chest, waist and pelvis) to the choice of such clothing with special attention.
What to combine?
Since such clothes, most often, have bright enough colors so as not to look silly, it is advisable to select accessories that will not overwhelm the visual emphasis on themselves. Just look at the photos from the fashion shows of 2015, there the images of models in kimono dresses are made in discreet compositions, this applies to both makeup and accessories.
As for shoes, white or beige sandals are best suited, if you plan a more solemn outing, then you can choose shoes with low heels or stiletto heels. Accessories and hairstyle should be made in the same style as the dress: hairpins, hairpins or combs, hair should be picked up in a bun or tail.
Kokedama, kusamono, wabikusa: exotic forms of phytodesign
James Bond planned to kill in the script of the new part
Care for spathiphyllum at home
African party of Beyonce in honor of the birth of twins
To love - so queen, to laugh - so from the heart TOP-8 cool jokes
How to relax in Cyprus
Quality American furniture from DECORUM