How to cope with severe overwork?
The modern rhythm of life sometimes just does not leave time for rest, and this provokes exhaustion. No one is immune from it, so it’s worth finding out the symptoms and ways to eliminate this condition in order to avoid consequences.
What is overwork, how can it be?
Overwork is a pathological condition characterized by depletion of muscle tissue, the nervous system and the whole organism. This is a kind of reaction to the effects of stimuli and negative factors of an emotional, physical, mental or mental nature.
The nervous system is constantly in a tense state, failures occur in the processes of inhibition and excitation. The brain practically does not rest, and the muscles simply do not have time to recover. The CNS is overloaded with constantly sent signals from different parts of the body, it cannot fully relax.
There are several types of fatigue:
- Physical is due to the constant increased muscle activity, overstrain of the fibers.
- Mental fatigue is triggered by increased brain activity without rest.
- Emotional fatigue arises from a large range of bright and numerous emotions experienced, and not always clearly negatively colored.
- Nervous exhaustion is caused by stresses, without which life of modern people sometimes does not do.
Why does fatigue develop?
What causes overwork? The reasons may be as follows:
- frequent stresses and feelings;
- emotional stress;
- long work with documents or at the computer;
- a large number of household chores and lack of help from other family members or relatives;
- the period of the session for students;
- overly complex and unbearable school program for a child, a large number of extracurricular activities;
- irregular work schedules, frequent delays at work, overly complex and numerous professional duties;
- reduced sleep by several hours;
- non-observance of the normal mode of the day, imbalance of rest and wakefulness;
- unfavorable working or living conditions, constant dissatisfaction with the prevailing circumstances;
- frequent force majeure unforeseen situations;
- overly intense sports loads, frequent training, difficult or extreme sports;
- unbalanced diet, long intervals between meals, very strict diets, severe restrictions in food;
- frequent infections, exacerbations of chronic diseases;
- impact of external adverse factors: polluted air, often changing weather conditions;
- suffered psychological trauma, severe shock;
- lack of necessary rest.
How to understand that you are overworked?
Overwork is taken by many for banal fatigue, which is why the situation is starting up on its own and aggravated. It is important to notice the alarming symptoms in time, and they are:
- constant fatigue even after resting;
- fast fatiguability;
- drowsiness at any time of the day;
- sleep disturbances: frequent awakenings, prolonged sleep, nightmares, insomnia;
- Muscle pain and weakness, periodic trembling of limbs;
- loss of appetite;
- weight loss;
- changes in the emotional background: lethargy, apathy, lack of interest in life, or, conversely, irritability, aggressiveness;
- sudden changes in mood;
- heart rhythm disorders;
- disruption of the menstrual cycle in women;
- problems with potency and erection in men;
- slower response, decreased concentration, memory problems, confusion;
- detachment, desire for solitude, unwillingness to contact the outside world and others;
- dizziness and headaches;
- heart rhythm or respiratory disorders, changes in blood pressure;
- problems in the family, frequent gratuitous quarrels with relatives.
How to cope?
Overwork treatment is aimed at eliminating its causes and restoring the normal state of the body. It includes several areas:
- Full rest. And sometimes it is not enough to just go to bed earlier or have a rest for a couple of days. If you are exhausted and exhausted, take a vacation or sick leave. Do not take up household chores, just get enough sleep, relax and recuperate. Eliminate any irritants: sharp odors, loud noises, unpleasant sensations.
- Limiting mental, emotional and physical stress. Even if you are well rested, it is not necessary to overstrain again. Soberly assess your capabilities and do not overload the body. Feeling light tired, stop working.
- Relaxing treatments such as massages, warm baths or showers, use of the sauna or bath, aromatherapy sessions.
- Physiotherapy. Some procedures help speed up the recovery process of the body after stress, promote relaxation, normalize metabolism and improve the functioning of internal organs. Recommended mud therapy, stone therapy, oxygen and hydrogen sulfide baths, acupuncture.
- Healthy lifestyle: compliance with the regime of the day, sleep at least 7-9 hours a day, balanced nutrition, rejection of bad habits, moderate activity and frequent walks in the fresh air.
- Stress limitation. If you are often nervous, perhaps you should reconsider your life and change it. If circumstances do not depend on you, consult your doctor and discuss with him the appointment of sedatives that improve the functioning of the nervous system.
What happens if you do not solve the problem
What is dangerous chronic fatigue? It forces the body to work and all its systems are literally worn out, weakens the immune system and causes frequent diseases, the development of chronic diseases or their relapses. There are problems in the family, at work and in school, in relations with relatives. If you do not eliminate fatigue, such consequences as exhaustion and nervous breakdown are likely. These conditions require medical treatment and treatment.
Prevention is extremely important, because it can avoid overwork and prevent consequences. Help such advice:
- Eat a full and balanced, making the menu varied.
- Weekends after a hard working week completely devote rest. Try to distribute things and do not neglect the help of relatives.
- Go to bed earlier (preferably not later than 22: 00-22: 30) and get enough sleep.
- If you work at the computer, refuse a mobile phone, TV and the tablet. Such devices negatively affect the nervous system.
- Regularly change activities, for example, mental to physical: perform exercises during the working day.
- Do not try to escape from stress and fatigue with alcohol, it further overloads the central nervous system.
- Play sports: visit the pool, do gymnastics in the morning, do morning jogging.
- Learn relaxation techniques and learn to abstract from external stimuli. So, effective visualization, connecting fantasy, favorite music.
- Try to adhere to the daily regimen.
Exhaustion can threaten everyone and is very dangerous. But if you notice its signs in time and take action, you can solve the problem and prevent the consequences.
Why Russian women choose Desheli cosmetics
Simple Audio Amplifier
Stool with Provencal landscape
What can be seen in the cinema in August 2018
Beehive from a plastic bottle with your own hands - photo, how to make
What to do if things have sat down after washing
Instagram accounts that teach you to relate to fashion with humor