How to cope with severe pollen allergies?
Spring is a beautiful time, which bears the flowering of all life, the revival of life, the time of joy and awakening. But, unfortunately, not everyone can share the universal rejoicing, because for them there comes a period of constant rhinitis, chronic sneezing, red nose and swollen eyes.
And this is only the minimum of symptoms that is observed in every fourth adult. Such offensive deprivation of normal and full-fledged life in the spring-summer period is usually called an allergy, or, in a medical term, pollinosis.
A strong allergy to pollen is also called “hay fever,” a term used by the English doctor John Bostock, who noticed signs of the onset of the disease during the hay harvest period.
But, as it turned out over time, hay is by no means the only reason that an allergy can occur. In all the pollen is to blame, which in the spring and summer the wind diligently spreads around the surrounding expanses.Other culprits of allergy are spores of mold fungi that are present in the atmosphere.
Why is this happening? Why can the human body react so violently to such minor external stimuli? The thing is that initially the mechanism of immune reflection was laid in the human body, it is necessary to combat parasites.
However, over time, failures occurred in the mechanism, and the body began to react to pollen, dust, animal hair and any other stimuli as enemies, trying to cope with them.
After all, when ingested by foreign organisms, the immune system begins to actively deal with them, producing antibodies to them. And the whole stream of ordinary symptoms pours out, and it is not as easy to relieve them as we would like. But everything is possible, the main thing is to know how to deal with them.
Hay fever is seasonal, most often it can occur in the spring, when most trees bloom, in summer, which is accompanied by grass blooms, and less often, but possibly in the fall, when weeds bloom.
But after the rain, the body usually feels relief, because the pollen is nailed to the ground.
By the way, some people do not even know that they suffer from allergies, when the symptoms begin to appear, they begin to be treated as if from a common cold or flu, which is completely wrong.
- You suffer from allergies, not a cold or flu, if:
- your “cold” occurs annually in the same period;
- most often runny nose occurs when most people have long been ill with the flu, and all the epidemics have long ended;
- in sunny weather, your well-being deteriorates significantly compared to rainy and cloudy weather.
If at least a few points you answered in the affirmative, then, most likely, you suffer from hay fever.
- Constant nasal congestion, which is accompanied by watery discharge.
- Itching nose, eyes, sneezing, tearing.
- Itching of the tongue and palate, shortness of breath and choking.
- Dry cough, wheezing in the thoracic region possible.
- Rash on the skin.
In some cases, the nervous system suffers; this can result in bouts of severe headache. If pollen gets into the stomach, problems with digestion of food may occur, for example, nausea and vomiting, pain in the abdomen, which are combined with urticaria.
To deal with this disease is not easy, but possible.The best treatment is, as you know, prevention! Strongly observing simple recommendations, you can protect yourself well against many "allergic" problems.
Of course, the ideal option is to limit contact with the pollen of trees and flowers that cause allergies in your case. It is possible at the time of flowering to go somewhere, for example, to the southern coast of the Crimea or, for example, to the mountains, where the flowering takes place somewhat earlier or later.
However, as is well known, a person is a busy being: work, study, family and other aspects do not allow one to break and shriek. In this case, you should follow the recommendations listed below.
- It is better to limit walks along the street in the morning, as well as on hot dry days, during this period the concentration of pollen is the highest in the air.
- Indoors it is better not to open the windows in the morning and afternoon, do not forget to buy air purifiers that catch pollen.
- Use dark glasses on the street, and avoid hiking on nature during the flowering period of those plants that cause you are allergic.
- Observe basic hygienic rules. Coming from the street, you should thoroughly wash your face, wash your eyes and nose, take a shower every day and wash your hair.
- Home and office space should be constantly humidified, and you can hang wet gauze on the window, try to go for a walk only in the evening.
- If you decide to go on vacation, then the place to rest should be carefully studied, read the articles on the Internet, which tell about the flowering periods of plants in the rest area where you are going. Otherwise, you can easily lose the normal vacation.
Most people prefer not to bother too much, and, self-medicating, they take antihistamine medications. Of course, they have their advantages, as the effect of relief comes quickly.
Often it is necessary to look and feel normal immediately, in this case, you can use various antihistamine injections, pills or sprays that “freeze” the symptoms of the disease, though not for long, they should be taken regularly.
Another group of temporary assistants are Cromone preparations, these substances have a more prophylactic focus. To avoid the onset of allergic symptoms, they must be taken 15-20 minutes before direct contact with sources of allergens.
Contrary to the fact that most skeptics are convinced that allergies can only be dealt with in the manner outlined above, waiting for a hated bloom, and so every year there are other ways. Allergies can be controlled with vaccines to get rid of the provocateurs of the disease at the cellular level. This, of course, is not forever, after 15-20 years, the inoculation will have to be repeated, but it is better than annually tons to swallow antihistamines.
People suffering from hay fever, you must adhere to a hypoallergenic diet, because the use of certain foods for food can easily provoke an exacerbation of symptoms.
How to choose carpet or carpet
Kangoo jumps - a new kind of fitness
Creators of the Games of the Thrones will remove Star Wars
Rachel McAdams first appeared after the birth of a child
This test is crazy internet And you can handle it
Valerian and the city of thousands of planets and 6 more films with incredible worlds