How To Make A Hair Bow
How to Make Your Own Bows
Do you want a bow for your hair but you can't find one that's the size you want? Or maybe you can't find one that will match your outfit? Or maybe you just want a new hair bow. Either way, this is a really easy, simple way to make personalized bows that looks amazing.
Cut a square out of your material.It doesn't have to be exact. Cut a strip out of the rest of your material, make it about 1 centimeter (0.4 in) wide and slightly longer than your square.
Lay the square flat out in front of you.Fold the top two corners into the middle, like your making a paper plane.
Repeat with the other two corners.
Flip the square over so the folds are touching your work surface.Carefully, start gathering the material together in the middle. It should start looking like a bow by now.
Tie the spare strip of material around the middle of your Bow, so it keeps its shape.You might have to fiddle around with it, so each side is roughly even.
On the back of the bow, gently glue down all of the loose, flappy bits of the sides.If you need to, fasten the tie to the bow too.
When the glue has dried/cooled down, take your needle and cotton and sew a few loops into the centre of the bow, make sure they're quite loose, and when you pull the cotton, the loops get tighter.
Slide the smooth half of the bobby pin into the cotton loops, then pull the cotton tight so the bobby pin is secured.If you need to, add a few more loops.
Then ta-da!Your brand new bow is finished!
QuestionHow can I make a bow without a glue gun?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could use super glue or crazy glue. Any strong hold glue will work. A good one to use is E6000.Thanks!
QuestionCan I make the bow with paper?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can, but it will not last long because the material is not strong enough.Thanks!
QuestionHow to make a hair bow out of ribbon?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerRead this: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Bow-Out-of-a-RibbonThanks!
QuestionHow do I make a hair bow without ribbon, felt or fabric?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you can find something else to make it with, great, but I think you need one of those things.Thanks!
- A cotton that is the same colour as your fabric normally looks smarter, but if you have a material that is a bright colour, like a neon yellow or pink, a black thread can look very effective.
- If you have an old top that has a colourful, printed pattern on it, cut your square out of that. It looks really awesome!
- It helps to have different sizes of Bobby Pins handy, so if you've made a big bow, you can use a big bobby pin etc.
- If you want too, you always draw your own pattern on with a Sharpie pen. It's good if you want a cool, unique design for your bow.
- A sharp needle is best for sewing the bobby pin into the bow, as it can go through thicker fabrics.
- Instead of using a bobby pin you could also use a hair tie.
- Fasten the bobby pin on securely. You don't want it coming off when it's in your hair.
- Hot Glue Gun's get really really hot, so make sure you don't touch the tip of it, or get any of the glue on your hands. It burns!
- Needles are sharp, make sure you don't prick yourself whilst sewing.
Video: DIY: No-Sew Fabric Hair Bows | ShowMeCute
How to Improve Your Style and Wardrobe
How to Maintain Your Mobile Phone
How to Eat Red Bananas
Mainstays Baja Futon Sofa Sleeper Bed, Multiple Colors
High-End Makeovers Of Classic Cheapo Goods
Microtrend Monday: Shellfish Has Become an Unlikely Muse for Spring
Exclusive: My Everyday Beauty Routine, by Julianne Hough
How to Use Cheesy Pickup Lines
Cold Fingers as a Sign
Is Queer a Derogatory Word
The Suitcase Diaries: How to Perfect Ibizan Style Like an Ibizan
5 Health Benefits of Turmeric
14. Youre still in contact
How to Start a Hair Care Routine