14 Girl Trends That GUYS CAN’T STAND!
How to Wear Short Shorts
When the temperature climbs, people tend to show more and more skin to beat the heat. Short shorts, also called "hot pants" or "booty shorts," are the perfect summer bottoms. However, short shorts can be a difficult look to pull off. Learning how to properly wear short shorts will help you to look chic while keeping cool.
Knowing What Looks Good
Get the right fit.The most important part of wearing any type of clothing is its fitting. However, you should pay extra attention to fit when looking for short shorts.A few common problems you want to avoid:
- Muffin tops.Make sure your short shorts are wide enough at the waist. They shouldn't pinch your stomach.
- Sliding off.The opposite problem of the muffin top is when your short shorts aretoowide at the waist, causing them to sag or slip off. Watch out for this problem if you have narrow hips.
- Riding up.The wrong pair of short shorts is one that rides up along the thigh. Not only can this be painful, but you may find your butt cheeks hanging out of your shorts.
Wear appropriate underwear.Pay close attention to the underwear you put on underneath your short shorts. If your shorts are extremely short, your underwear may peak through. Additionally, if your short shorts are made of a tight material, they will highlight bagginess.
- Styles you may want to avoid are boxers and boyshorts.
- On the other hand, briefs (especially high-cut briefs), bikini, and thong underwear styles are the safest.
- Always double-check in a mirror that your underwear is out of sight.
Match your short shorts with the rest of your outfit.For the most part, you can treat your short shorts like any other type of bottom. If your short shorts have a print, don't wear a patterned top. It's also a bad idea to mix dark neutrals. For example, if your short shorts are navy blue, don't wear a top that's black or dark brown.
Don't wear long tops.Pairing short shorts with oversized T-shirts and tunics is generally a bad idea. This combination can make it seem like you aren't wearing anything underneath your top. You'll be more likely to draw the wrong type of attention if people think you're going around with no pants in public.
Wear the right shoes.You can wear any type of shoes with short shorts. However, there are a few shoe types that work better than others:
- Simple flat tennis shoes.Short shorts and tennis shoes are a classic summer look.
- Stiletto heels.Short shorts will draw attention to your legs, so you want them looking their best. Ultra-high heels will make your legs look longer and more toned.
- Thigh high boots.This is an extra sexy, on-trend look. Pick boots that are made from a thin material that could pass for stockings.
Pair your short shorts with a blazer or vest.Since you'll be baring your legs with short shorts, an extra layer up top will help to balance your outfit. Matching your jacket with your short shorts is extra chic and on trend. This will go a long way towards making your short shorts look more fashionable and less childish or sloppy.
Be confident.Confidence can make even the most unconventional fashion choice look great. Act like short shorts are something you wear every day. Don't let other people's negative comments get you down.
Getting Your Legs Shorts-Ready
Get into the shape you're most comfortable with.When you're wearing short shorts, you're showing off your legs to the world. Make sure yours look how you want them to. If you want skinny or muscular thighs, you may need to do some aerobics or strength training to tone them.
Shave or wax your legs.While the choice between hairy and smooth legs is yours to make, keep in mind that hairless legs tend to look longer and more toned.Depending on your body hair pattern, it may also be prudent to wax your inner thighs and/or bikini area. Visible pubic hair can be an embarrassing problem when wearing short shorts.
Keep your legs moisturized.Although winter may be the most famous season for dry skin, many people deal with this issue well into the summer. When accentuating your legs, remember to spend as much time on them as you do your face. Moisturize daily and after each shave to avoid embarrassing flaky skin.
- Remember that highly-chlorinated pool water can dry out your skin. If you find yourself having this problem, be sure to rinse your skin with normal tap water and a mild soap after every swim.
QuestionWould having tan legs be a plus?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDefinitely. If you have tan legs and you want to wear short shorts you can rock them.Thanks!
QuestionI love to wear really short jean shorts, what is a recommend shirt that will make it seem more flattering?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCrop tops, because they don't cover the shorts up so you don't look like you aren't wearing pants. You could also find a shirt that highlights your waist. Make sure the shorts are not the same color as the shirt.Thanks!
- Some people think short shorts are tacky. If you love short shorts, don't let others put you down.
- Denim short shorts with a bikini top are a great combination for the beach.
- Short shorts are not appropriate for formal occasions.
- Most schools and places of business have dress codes that forbid short shorts. Check to make sure you're allowed to wear them.
- Don't forget that guys can wear short shorts, too. It may be less conventional, but you should feel free to rock any style you'd like.
- Wearing short shorts over leggings is a fashionable way to sport them year-round.
Video: Momoland believed to wear short shorts & expose sensitive parts to gain more attention
30 Trendy Stacked Hairstyles for Short Hair: Practicality Short Hair Cuts
How to Inoculate Ectomycorrhizal Fungi
The 5 Best Nursing Sports Bras for New Moms
6Stories from Resourceful Mothers Whose Creative Parenting Ideas Immediately Went Viral
Jourdan Dunn on motherhood and the new-gen supermodel crew
Barack Obama Returns To Jimmy Kimmel To Read Mean Tweets
How to Choose Your Window Manager
Corrigan Studio Cruise 7 Piece Dining Set BF034662
Oliberte boots review
How to People Watch
8 Tips to Avoid Blood Sugar Dips and Spikes
Here’s why your cat might be trying to kill you
How to Break Into Beauty: Advice From theAuthors
Book Excerpt: How to give a compliment
How to Oil Teak Furniture