Main symptoms and treatment of laryngitis
The season of colds is a very insidious period, when wet feet or insufficiently warm clothes can lead to colds. But in the summer, when, it would seem, illness is not the time or place, you can go to bed. Sometimes tasty and pleasant cold ice cream or water can easily provoke such a disease as laryngitis.
In the process of laryngitis, inflammation of the mucous membrane of the larynx occurs, which after some time passes to the vocal cords. As a result, the patient may lose his voice. There are several reasons, besides overcooling and eating cold foods and drinks:
- inhalation of dusty air;
- excessive tension of the vocal cords (singing, shouting);
- smoking and drinking;
- eating too hot food;
- exposure to chemical irritants;
- long-term diseases of the respiratory tract, which can cause the development of a chronic form of the disease.
Also, laryngitis may be a concomitant symptom of infectious diseases such as influenza, measles, whooping cough, scarlet fever.
During the examination, the doctor may notice inflamed mucous membranes and even small pinpoint hemorrhages that appear due to inflamed and dilated vessels.
How to understand what it is?
The clinical picture of laryngitis is often accompanied by deterioration of the general condition - weakness appears, the temperature rises. According to the results of a general blood test, the number of leukocytes may exceed the norm, and the level of ESR is too high. This indicates the presence of an inflammatory process.
In addition, other symptoms join:
Varieties of the disease
Laryngitis can have several forms that differ in the complexity of the course of the disease and the severity of certain symptoms.
- Acute. The cause of its occurrence is a viral infection or overstrain of the vocal cords. Typically, this form of the disease does not require special treatment and goes away itself within a few days.
- Hypertrophic. In addition to hoarseness and cough, it is also accompanied by the formation of small nodules on the vocal cords, which are the cause of hoarseness.In case of late or incorrect treatment, hoarseness may remain, and ligaments may become deformed, in which case surgical intervention will be necessary.
- Atrophic. Accompanied by the thinning of the tissue lining the larynx, its detachment, a strong cough. In most cases, it is found only in adults. The reason for this type of illness is excessive love for very spicy foods and spices.
- Chronic. It can develop as a result of an acute form of laryngitis or a recurring disease. This form is more difficult to treat and requires an integrated approach.
The abundance of pharmaceutical drugs for the treatment of laryngitis makes it possible to cope with it as soon as possible. But often this traditional version is also complemented by folk remedies, known for more than a decade. But before embarking on the treatment process, it is worth knowing that the patient for this period shows absolute rest and preferably low voice activity. You need to talk as little as possible, but not in a whisper, because the bundles with it are tense in the same way as when shouting.
This is the most affordable option that does not require special expenses.The simplest solution is water + soda: 1 tbsp per 1 tbsp. water. Gargle every 1-1.5 hours. More effective rinsing will be if you alternate soda with sea salt, diluting it with water in the same proportions.
Remove inflammation and pain and herbal infusions. For them, you can use nettle, calamus, chamomile or sage. In the acute stage of the disease, you can prepare such an infusion: ½ tsp of calamus root, chamomile and cinquefoil pour boiling water, cool and gargle during the day, at least 4-6 times.
Such habitual vegetables as beets, potatoes and carrots also have healing powers. Potatoes or beets need to chop, squeeze the juice, dilute a little water and rinse. To prepare the infusion of carrots, it must be boiled in milk (1 pc per 0.5 l of milk).
They are highly effective due to the fact that medicinal substances fall directly on the mucous membrane of the inflamed larynx. You can do them with a nebulizer or the folk method (breathe over the pan).
But It is worth noting that for the nebulizer, you can only use pharmacological agents, including antibiotics, if they are needed in the treatment process.But herbal and soda solutions are best used for steam inhalers or using the same “old-fashioned method”.
Remember that when laryngitis can not do to breathe only boiling water, otherwise hot steam will aggravate the situation, and can even lead to burns. It is best to start the procedure, waiting 10-15 minutes.
Alkaline solutions with soda can be used to relieve chronic disease (1 tbsp per 1 tbsp of water), and mineral water (Borjomi, Narzan) has a pronounced expectorant effect.
The positive effect gives the alternation of alkaline and herbal inhalations. For the second use the same herbs as when rinsing. Essential oils are also good for swelling and inflammation. Just a few drops added to the water, and the result will not take long.
Honey has excellent antiseptic properties, so it helps to cope with the disease much faster. To do this, you can cook:
- Honey + lemon. You need to mix in a ratio of 2: 1 and take 1 tsp every 30-40 minutes. The mixture does not need to be swallowed immediately, it needs to be slowly absorbed.
- Honey + milk. This is a great warming tool that will help you quickly restore voice and remove sore throat.It should be taken at night, pre-heating the milk (do not boil!) And dissolving in it a spoonful of honey. After that, you need to wrap a warm scarf around your neck.
- Honey + aloe. Many people know about the anti-inflammatory effect of agave, but unfortunately, few know how to treat laryngitis. You need to prepare a mixture of 500 ml of aloe juice and 150 g of honey. Single dose - 1 tsp, the frequency of administration - 3 times a day.
All such procedures at home are very effective, but remember that they are just a supplement that must accompany the treatment prescribed by the doctor.
Exercises with dumbbells at home
Learn all about how and when to plant anemones
Knitted hat with knitted twisted diagonal pattern
How to reissue share on the ground
How to increase the volume of sound with weak computer speakers
DIY do-it-yourself device