Vintage recipes homemade kvass bread, with horseradish, oatmeal, without yeast. How to prepare a leaven for homemade kvass
Modern and ancient recipes for homemade kvass are very popular. Invigorating, fresh and thirst quenching drink at home is prepared from completely different components. Some housewives first make sourdough, and only then add the croutons of their rye black bread. Others choose exotic recipes for homemade kvass and insist on birch sap or oat grains. Still others are interested in how to make a healthy drink without yeast, while others look for cooking recipes that include all sorts of unusual additives, such as horseradish, spicy herbs, or fruits. It is extremely rare to make kvass based on one liter or half-liter jar.Typically, the minimum amount of harvested beverage ranges from 3 liters to 5. Yes, this is not surprising, because such yummy never stagnates in the refrigerator and, as a rule, is drunk in an instant.
Recipe of homemade kvass from black bread (rye)
The classic recipe for homemade black bread kvass includes raisins. The fruits of yellow varieties make the taste more delicate and soft, while the dark ones give the drink its richness, pronounced sweetness and beautiful maroon color.
Essential ingredients for a home-made drink
- water - 4 l
- fresh yeast - 30 g
- granulated sugar - 125 g
- rye (black) bread - 400 g
- raisins - 50 g
Step by step instructions recipe homemade kvass bread
- Cut fresh black bread into 1 cm thick slices and dry in the oven until a beautiful golden crust is formed on both sides.
- Bring the filtered water over medium heat to a boil.
- In a deep enamelled container, fold the toasted bread, add sugar, pour boiling water and allow to cool to room temperature. When the liquid becomes barely warm, pour 250 milliliters into a mug, dissolve the yeast in this volume, mix well and pour to the main liquid.
- Cover the container with a lid on top, leaving a wide gap for air access, and send it to a warm place for 2 days. After the expiration of time, strain the fermented kvass through three layers of gauze, if necessary, add more sugar. Then pour the liquid into a glass bottle, pour in well-washed seedless raisins, cover the top with a saucer and place in the refrigerator for 22-24 hours. After 24 hours, carefully remove the jar, taking care not to stir up the white precipitate at the bottom, and drain the liquid into another glass jar. Put the raisins there and put them in the fridge. Cooled kvass is used as a pleasant and easy refreshing drink.
The old recipe for homemade kvass with black bread and horseradish
Home-made kvass with horseradish, cooked according to this ancient recipe, has a rather pungent smell and has a sharp, hearty taste. This drink is unlikely to appeal to all, without exception, but for lovers of strong shades and savory aromas will be a real find and an elixir of cheerfulness.
Necessary ingredients for kvass at home
- boiling water - 5 l
- raw yeast - 40 g
- rye bread (black) - 1 kg
- liquid honey - 120 g
- sugar - 125 g
- horseradish - 150 g
- raisins - 50 g
Step-by-step instruction kvass recipe with horseradish
- Cut the black bread into small cubes, arrange on a heat-resistant baking sheet and lightly dry in an oven preheated to 180 ° C.
- Boil water over high heat and pour the breadcrumbs with boiling water.
- Let it brew for 4-4.5 hours, then strain very thoroughly through several layers of gauze fabric.
- Add to the resulting wort all the sugar and yeast and mix well.
- Horseradish peel, mince, combine with young honey, pour into a liquid base and place for 8-10 hours in a warm place.
- Fermented kvass should be poured into separate bottles, each one should be thrown with several raisins and left on the table until the surface begins to actively bubble. Then cork the lids and send to the fridge.
- In a day the vigorous drink will become usable.
Old recipe for homemade yeast without kvass (non-alcoholic)
The recipe for homemade kvass without yeast includes only water, sugar and wheat bread. Due to the lack of yeast, the alcohol component is reduced to a minimum and the drink is allowed to use even the youngest children.
Necessary ingredients for a recipe without yeast
- wheat bread - 600 g
- sugar - 6 + 1 tbsp
- water - 3 l
Step-by-step cooking instructions at home
- Bread cut into slices, crumble into small pieces.
- With a crust of softness, fill the bottom of a clean and dry three-liter can so that the height of the layer is about 6-7 centimeters. Add sugar, add boiled warm water and tightly close the glass lid or saucer.
- Send the jar for three days in a warm place, so that the liquid mass fermented qualitatively.
- Then strain through cheesecloth, add a spoonful of sugar, put one piece of wheat bread and leave for another day.
- The next day, strain again, pour into portion bottles and put in storage in the refrigerator.
Homemade kvass recipe on birch sap
Kvass on birch sap is an ideal summer drink, capable of qualitatively quenching the strongest thirst caused by the exhausting heat. No yeast or rye bread crackers are required for cooking. Due to this, the taste completely lacks acid and specific bitterness. If you want to give the drink even more natural,Instead of sugar, you can use a useful stevia or liquid honey from herbs.
Necessary ingredients for homemade kvass
- fresh birch sap - 5 l
- sugar - 250 g
- raisin dark dried - 50 pcs
Step-by-step recipe instructions on birch sap
- Warm up birch sap to room temperature and strain through gauze several times.
- Raisins very well washed and discarded in a colander to glass all the excess liquid.
- Put the dry raisins in the filtered birch sap, pour in the sugar and stir with a wooden spoon so that the sugar crystals are completely dissolved in the liquid.
- The container with semifinished products should be covered with a linen towel and placed in a dry, warm place for 3 days.
- Finished kvass twice strain through gauze, pour into bottles and send to the refrigerator. Store for 3-4 months at low temperatures.
How to make homemade oat kvass: an ancient recipe for 3 liters
If you do not know how to make a tasty and nutritious oat kvass, use this simple old recipe. Ready-made drink will be very fresh, pleasant and tonic. In addition, it will enrich the body with useful substances, help get rid of toxins, regulate metabolism, strengthen the overall immune system and significantly reduce the level of cholesterol and sugar in the blood.
Essential ingredients for a vintage recipe
- dry yeast - 1 tbsp
- oat grains - 175 g
- liquid honey - 50 g
- filtered water - 1.5 l
Step by step recipe instructions oatmeal kvass
1. Free oat kernels from flakes and debris, rinse well and grind in a food processor or blender. Pour hot, but not boiling water, and send for 2 hours in a warm oven.
2. Filter the heated-up liquid base, combine it with yeast and honey, melted in a water bath, cover with a woven towel and leave for a day in the room.
3. After the time has elapsed, strain through gauze, pour into a bottle and store in a refrigerator.
Sourdough recipe for homemade kvass in honey and fruit
Sourdough for homemade kvass, made from honey and fruit components, is very delicate and has a subtle, unobtrusive aroma. If you use acacia honey, the taste of the base will be slightly caramel, and buckwheat honey will add spicy notes to the drink and make the color darker and more saturated.
Necessary ingredients for leavening leaven
- honey - 2 tbsp
- grapes - 100 g
- warm water - ½ l
- rind on two apples
Step-by-step instruction recipe starter for homemade kvass
- Dissolve honey in boiled water at room temperature, add finely chopped rind of sweet apples, grapes and send for 3 days to a warm dry place for fermentation.
- Then strain the prepared base through two layers of gauze, pour it into a clean jar and place in the refrigerator. Within a month, use to make kvass according to your favorite recipe.
Cooking classic kvass at home - video instruction
These recipes for homemade kvass in detail describe various simple ways of making a popular drink at the rate of 3 liters. The author tells how to make a leaven at home and then insist on leavening bread or rusks from rye bread. In addition, they consider the option without yeast and the ability to make tender birch kvass according to the well-known ancient recipe. If you have a desire to try the more unexpected tastes of the drink, you can prepare classic kvass with horseradish or use oatmeal instead of bread crumbs.
Original gift box
Horrible hairstyle has aged her for 20 years. Barber conjured - and the woman was transformed
Quiz: What is your level of erudition
French films will ban smoking
Diseases and patterns - what is the relationship