What is good for horseradish body?
Horseradish is an amazing perennial herb of the cabbage family. Its green leaves, sprout and powerful, fleshy, oblong root are used by gourmets as a savory seasoning in cooking and folk healers as a medicinal drug to cure many ailments.
What is the secret of such popularity? In the magical composition of the plant. The fact is that horseradish is saturated with a mass of vitamins, minerals and other beneficial substances that are very beneficial for the human body.
What is in the composition?
The composition of the plant includes:
- folic acid;
- aroma oils;
- E is a vitamin;
- ascorbic acid ‒ and it is much more contained than in exotic fruits (lemon, orange). Even the well-known black currant yields horseradish saturation with vitamin C;
- B vitamins;
- volatile components - volatile production, which kill a number of pathogenic microbes and give the plant disinfectant properties;
- a number of macro-, microelements - K (potassium), Ca (calcium), Mg (magnesium), Na (sodium), P (phosphorus), Fe (iron), manganese (Mn), copper (Cu).
Horseradish root is rich in:
- the content of various amino acids;
- a list of bactericidal proteins and organic compounds.
Consumption of horseradish has a positive effect on a person and activates the work of his organs.
All the benefits of the use of native Russian seasoning
The beneficial properties of horseradish apply to all human organs and systems:
- It activates digestion due to the mineral salts, mustard oils, sinigrin contained in it. Thanks to the last component, the sharpness of the product is felt.
It should be noted that the above components are pathogens of appetite and contribute to the secretion of gastric juice. Some recommend to grate it, mix it with honey and use before a meal in a teaspoon.
- Heals joints, namely: relieves inflammation, treats gout and rheumatism, warms stretched muscles, accelerates the healing of skin lesions. It has healing properties that relieves pain and restores cartilage tissue.
- It stimulates the excretion of bile and urine, and therefore is used in small quantities for edema, stones in the bladder, as well as for the complex treatment of kidneys and liver.
- Strengthens the immune system, due to the content of carotene and ascorbinki.Especially it is recommended to take during exacerbation of viruses: in winter and in spring.
- Acts as an antibiotic, eliminating various microbes. Used as a filler in an antiseptic dressing. At home, horseradish juice smears open wounds.
- Destroys pathogenic microorganisms, stimulates expectoration in diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Acute respiratory diseases, viruses are treated by inhalation of fumes (volatile) pounded horseradish.
- Stimulates the potency in men.
- Used in cosmetology to remove pigment spots and freckles, narrow pores and smooth wrinkles.
Who can not?
Despite the positive characteristics of horseradish, it can cause irritation or burn mucous and skin. That is why there are contraindications to its use.
Limit the use of the stem and root of the plant:
- children up to six years;
- patients with acute inflammation of the visceral organs;
- pregnant and lactating mothers;
- with the immunity of the body;
- during menstruation - the use of this product may cause excessive menstrual bleeding;
- at high blood pressure - when consuming this product in large doses, bleeding or increased blood pressure;
- during the intake of levomycetin - due to antimicrobial components of horseradish, the effect of the drug ceases;
- in case of a gastrointestinal tract disease (colitis, gastritis, ulcer, increased acidity) - in this case it is better to use in the minimum amount;
- in case of renal failure;
- during individual liver diseases.
Cook at home
Another trump card is that it is widely used in cooking for preparing various dishes, snacks, sauces, canning, etc. Vigorous and strong taste like almost all men.
Horseradish sauce is perfect for meat, fish and aspic dishes. It can be served for all occasions: for everyday meals, and for a festive table. Usually it is stored for a long time in a cool place (cellar, refrigerator), so you can always use it to serve any dish on the table.
How to cook it? We will prepare the sauce from:
- horseradish root - 0.2 kg
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- small beets - 1 pc .;
- Table vinegar (preferably apple) - 1 tablespoon.
Phased cooking process:
- chop horseradish: cut into small pieces and skip through a meat grinder or blender;
- put it in the jar, not filling to the end;
- rub beets on a small grater;
- add remaining ingredients, mix;
- from above, to the edges of the container, pour water, mix;
- cover and place in the refrigerator.
A day later, the sauce is ready!
Sauce of apple and horseradish can be called female - it is not as vigorous as the previous one, but very tasty. It goes well with lard, homemade sausage, aspic, and fish.
To prepare, mix grated horseradish root (2 parts) with one part apple and 0.5 part mayonnaise. That's it, the sauce is ready!
Bon Appetit! Eat horseradish in reasonable quantities, and you will always be healthy!
Main symptoms and treatment of laryngitis
Follow your desires: the most important thing in the new year
Jared Leto will play Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner
Vintage recipes homemade kvass bread, with horseradish, oatmeal, without yeast. How to prepare a starter for homemade kvass
What does 502 Bad Gateway mean
In what style to design a small kitchen Designer Tips
In which dress you can go to the theater