What are the properties of pine buds?
With the onset of the cold season, many resort to folk remedies, with the help of which they get rid of annoying cough and a bad cold. And when the traditional question arises: “Which plant to entrust your health?”, Here, first of all, everyone remembers the miraculous properties of pine. In folk medicine all parts of this tree are used: pine needles, branches, bark, gill. But the most healing qualities have pine buds.
They have an invaluable effect on the body, cure many diseases and are considered one of the most effective means for preventing colds.
The main beneficial substance in pine buds are phytoncides, which have an excellent antimicrobial effect, destroy bacteria and microscopic fungi in the human body, as well as prevent their reproduction. For example, phytoncides of pine are harmful to the causative agent of tuberculosis - Koch sticks.
Interestingly, in the pine buds of the shoot there are volatile substances capable of exerting their action at a distance. In addition, they contain such important trace elements as:
- vitamin C;
- mineral salts;
- pinicycin (bitter substance).
Panacea for colds and other diseases
Broths and infusions of pine shoots are highly effective expectorant, aimed at reducing the viscosity of sputum and stimulate the respiratory tract to its removal. In addition, pine buds have good disinfectant and anti-inflammatory properties, so they are successfully used for various diseases of the respiratory tract and lungs, namely:
- bronchial asthma;
- chronic bronchitis;
- tracheitis, etc.
Pine broths and infusions have a powerful antiviral, restorative and antimicrobial effect.
Also useful properties of this conifer tree are used for such ailments:
- Rinse and inhalation of infusion shoots do with pharyngitis, tonsillitis, sore throat and acute viral respiratory diseases.
- Choleretic properties of pine buds are used in herbal preparations for the treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, gastritis and ulcers.
- As a diuretic and disinfectant, infusions are used for urolithiasis diseases (in the presence of an inflammatory process in the renal parenchyma, such decoctions are contraindicated).
Healthy and Sweet Drug Recipe
It turns out that in addition to infusions and decoctions of pine shoots, you can make delicious jam, which, among other things, will also be a healing product.
To do this, you need to choose the right time when the kidneys are just beginning to swell (February-March). Collect them from trees growing away from roads and industrial centers. Cut the beginnings of shoots with a knife or shears at the base of the stem.
When this time-consuming work will be done, you can start cooking sweet useful dessert.
For jam, we need the following ingredients:
- pine buds - 0.5 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- water - 2 cups.
- Pine buds are sorted, removed garbage, washed well and put in an enamel pan.
- Fill with cold water, put on the stove and wait for it to boil.After that, cook the shoots for another 30 minutes on low heat.
- Prepare sugar syrup: 2 cups of water is mixed with sugar and heated on a stove. After completely dissolving the sugar, cook the syrup for 5-7 minutes before it thickens.
- We shift the pine shoots into the resulting sweet mass with a slotted spoon and, without forgetting to stir constantly, boil the jam for an additional 30-40 minutes.
- The resulting delicacy is laid out on clean sterilized cans, roll covers. Sent to storage in a cool place.
Cooking strong drink
Vodka tincture is also obtained from pine shoots, which can not only be drunk, but also used as rubbing.
We will need the following products:
- vodka - 0.5 l;
- pine buds - one handful;
- honey - 1 cup;
- water - 200 ml;
- lemon - 1 pc.
- Carefully wash the collected shoots, divide them into two equal parts. One half of the poured vodka and place for 2 weeks in a warm place. In another part of the shoots pour warm boiled water, add honey, lemon juice and finely grated zest.
- Aqueous tincture is also aged for 2 weeks, only it needs to be mixed periodically.
- After the allotted time has elapsed, two types of drink are mixed, passed through a filter and bottled, which are well clogged. The resulting alcoholic beverage is placed in a cool place, where it continues to infuse for one month.
Should not be consumed
Pine buds are considered one of the safest medicines. However, there are contraindications. It is recommended to apply infusions and decoctions to pregnant and nursing mothers only after medical consultation. Do not use the drug for allergic reactions and idiosyncrasy.
If you do not have serious contraindications for the treatment of pine shoots, they will not only help in the autumn-winter period to fight against viral diseases, but also strengthen your immunity and add health. Do not be ill!
The choice of a beauty blogger: expensive cosmetics, which is worth the money
Vintage recipes homemade kvass bread, with horseradish, oatmeal, without yeast. How to prepare a starter for homemade kvass
Summer shoes that do not need to buy
How to organize a holiday in the pirate style
If the keys are still inside the car, then a tennis ball will save the situation
Holidays for February 23
Polba - unusual and useful groats